|Client||New company with ultra-orphan drug|
|Company Objectives||Needed to craft appropriate value-based messages to support the price and to assure important constituencies, such as providers and patients, that the product would be available regardless of reimbursement issue.|
|Project Description||Working closely with the client firm and their other suppliers, we established a five step process:
- Develop a list of anticipated questions
- Understand and identify the value of the product and support programs, and how to convey and stress that value in communications.
- Craft the most appropriate responses to each question for each audience These messages were then tested with the target audiences.
- Train senior managers and other spokespersons in the proper way to field and respond to questions concerning the price and the support programs.
- Monitor the press, the internet, and field reports to ensure that the appropriate messages were being communicated and understood by the various constituencies.
|Project Outcome||Press conferences and investor calls went on without a hitch, no unanticipated questions were asked, and the price was accepted by the marketplace without controversy.|